Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A LITTLE ABOUT ME...



I am originally from Slovak Republic, Europe and I have always loved art. As a child, I enjoyed making all sorts of things. Having a career in a creative field has been a life-long dream.All through school, art classes were my favorite. From age five old until I turned 15, I went to our Town Art school, where I have learned everything from illustration, sculpture, quilting, photography, collage, etc. It was a wonderful time enhancing my love and feel for color. Later I taught art classes for mentally handicapped children for a year.Then took a break from everything until NOW...


I decided to pursue my dream and become a designer.This is just the beginning, and I am very excited to grow, learn and inspire. Over the past four years I have come to love working with fabric. I started quilt making and later moved to art quilts. My favorite technique is Watercolor Landscape Art Quilts.All artists work with color. As a quilter, I rely upon the designs and colors that are already built into the fabric surface. My palette is determined by searching, collecting and trading available fabrics. Because of an amazing variety of prints available today, my choices are unlimited.I design and construct my quilts using 2" squares of different fabrics to create a scene. This watercolor quilt technique is named for its similarity to watercolor painting. The fabrics move smoothly from dark to light, similar to running colors into one another when painting with watercolor. In addition, I also work with fusing and fabric painting to add more interest and depth in the quilt.


But enough about that for now. I am happily married, and my husband and I have two wonderful kids. We live in beautiful Utah and love it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...